Saturday, January 26, 2013

Diaper Rash!


I have never been one to say something like,  "if you had told me X years ago today that id be doing Y..."  it sounds a little dumb.

But, if you had told me any time in my past, that in my future I would be up at 3am looking at books describing, and depicting, inflamed baby privates,  I would have smacked your face.

But then youd be right...

And I have learned that diaper rash is not just bad for baby.   Mom and dad are feeling it.  There was pretty much no sleep till 4am in this house last night.  Andie was pissed off!

So,  we are switching off disposable wipes to cloth wipes with just some water today.   And I'm going to get some creams and a new kinda fancy hippydip hypoallergenic diaper once the store opens.  Fingers crossed for a happier baby tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    Please don't EVER stop writing. Reliving your events is a blast full of laughs and tears. We are only seven months ahead of you, and I miss all that craziness. Wish I knew then what I knew now. I just shared this blog with my mom who also can't get enough. My hope is you can put all of these into a book for Andi to have later on. What a wonderful gift!

    On another note...diapers. I was looking for a natural disposable diaper that wouldn't break the bank and think I found the perfect thing! I was reading reviews and read about a dad who used a specific kind but had to deviate once and bought generic at the store out of desperation. He found out the diapers at the store being sold at half the price were the EXACT same diapers as his preferred brand being licensed to a grocery chain and rebranded. I only found these a couple months ago, but they've worked well for Poppy. They are Kroger brand Comforts for Baby Touch of Nature diaper. In CA they are sold at Ralphs. Definitely worth a try. Hoping last night was a better night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lube G up with Aquafor around his privates. It works well, and practice it still until today :)

    ReplyDelete